Blog

“A Good Day in The Midst of a Dark Storm”

No one is ever prepared for a disease like cancer.  It can be physically, mentally and financially devastating -- especially if you live in an outlying area and have to travel to a treatment center for chemo and radiation five days a week. Such is the story of a precious...

HOW TO SUPPORT A CANCER FIGHTER OVER THE HOLIDAYS

Many of us who are not fighting cancer become overwhelmed and stressed over the holidays. This year because of Covid 19, we may be even moreso, trying to figure out how to have “Christmas” without the usual traditions or large gatherings.   So, imagine how difficult it is fighting cancer on top...

Reaching Others Through Your Story

If you are or have been a cancer fighter, one of the scariest moments of your life was probably when you heard “You have cancer”. You instantly knew that your life, as you knew it, was about to change. You were suddenly flooded with fear and uncertainty and felt very...

Breast Cancer Survivor Marylynn Green

For the Green family, living in Brookings Oregon, an idyllic rural community along the beautiful Southern Oregon Coastline with its harbour and beaches, seemed about as close to heaven as anyone could imagine. Rick Green was a Pastor at a local church, Marylynn loved her job and two of their...

Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month Help STOP the Silent Killer!

Ovarian Cancer is known as the silent killer, as it is extremely hard to diagnose because the symptoms are also common in women who do not have the disease.  As a result, only 20% of the 21,650 cases this year will be diagnosed early. Unfortunately, the remaining 80% will be...

Friends Turned Caretakers Extraordinaire

Debbie Attebery, Director of Imaging for SSM St. Anthony Hospital, oversees several departments including diagnostic x-ray, CT, ultrasound, MRI, and a few others. One of her staff and colleagues, Shay Jones was the Manager of CT, and had recently been promoted to Director of Imaging for St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital....

Silent Symptoms of Cancer Treatment

Cancer fighters face many battles in their war against cancer. Everyone fighting cancer soon realizes that they are not just dealing with the disease itself.  Unfortunately, the chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation treatments that kill the cancer tumors and cells also affect healthy tissues or organs. This causes unpleasant side effects...

When you Share the Love…You Change Lives!

Amazing things can happen when two people simply come together to give and receive support and encouragement -- or to simply carry the message that even though one of them is going through a dark time, they are not alone.  Such was the beginning of an amazing friendship in 2017 between...