Tenaciously Teal inspires hope by providing love, community, and empowerment to cancer fighters in the midst of treatment. Click on the icons below to learn about each of our programs.
Tenaciously Teal is hosting our 5th annual Care Packs and Cocktails fundraiser on February 19th, 2020. Last year, we celebrated with friends-supporters and cheered on an empowering fashion show of cancer survivors. Join…View All Events
Tenaciously Teal is dedicated to spreading love and hope to cancer fighters. Your generosity empowers us to continue supporting these individuals through Cancer Care Packs, Gas & Grocery cards, and Brave Shave & Empowerment Shoots; a concierge style service tailored to each fighter. Contact us for additional opportunities to give, including Care Pack Parties and donating items for Cancer Care Packs.
Ovarian Cancer is known as the silent killer, as it is extremely hard to diagnose because the symptoms are also common in women who do not have the disease. As a result, only 20% of the 21,650 cases this year will be diagnosed early. Unfortunately, the remaining 80% will be diagnosed at stage 3 or 4, when successful treatment becomes more difficult. Such was the case of Karen Hanna, whose journey with Ovarian Cancer began in 2012 at 41 years of age. Karen noticed her body was changing and out of sorts--she didn’t feel normal anymore. She noticed stomach distension and weight gain around her waist for no apparent reason. Her primary care doctor couldn’t find anything, so he sent her to the OB-GYN, thinking her female hormones were low. She then went to see an endocrinologist --they all wrote it off as “probably...