What’s New in November
It is hard to believe that we are already in November! Time is absolutely flying by.
While we treasure every minute of our time here at Tenaciously Teal, it’s no surprise that it’s flying by as fast as it is. We’ve had an incredible year. We’re proud of our growth and all the great things on the horizon for the organization. It’s sometimes challenging to keep up with everything that’s happening, but, to spare you some time, here’s a quick update.
- The move is upon us! We’re moving into our bigger space this month. Our official ribbon cutting is November 29 from 4-7 p.m. Ribbon cutting with The OKC Chamber of Commerce will commence at 4:30 p.m.
- We’ve distributed 5,000 care packages as of this month in 2022! That’s already 500 over last year.
- We have given more than $50,000 in financial assistance to cancer fighters in Oklahoma who are in need.
- We provided a 10 day stay in a hotel for a homeless woman who had just had a mastectomy.
- We rented a car for an elderly woman who got in an accident and needed transportation to her radiation.
- We’ve helped with gas and groceries for many of those in need, and feeling the extra pressure from inflation while battling a life threatening illness.
- We participated in the Paycom Philanthropy Fair
- We benefited from fundraisers hosted by community groups including; Bishop McGuinness Memorial Golf Tournament, OCAPL 5k & Fall Festival, and “Birdies for Boobies”
Our work at Tenaciously Teal is challenging and takes a lot of time, but it is so incredibly worth it. To see so much growth in such a short amount of time is an immense blessing. And we absolutely couldn’t do it without you, our gracious support team and donors.
The Season of Giving
As November is home to Thanksgiving and Giving Tuesday, it is the perfect time to reintroduce how you, our incredible team, can get in on the action and incredible growth happening here at Tenaciously Teal. There are many ways to support our mission, to provide love, community, and empowerment to cancer fighters and their families during this season of giving.
- Host a collection drive for care packs items in your community, and contact us about grabbing one of our Care Pack Collectible bins.
- Pick up fuzzy socks while out shopping to donate.
- Buying a gift for a loved one this holiday season? Buy two and donate one to our fundraising efforts in 2023!
- Become a recurring donor! Just $10 a month sponsors the shipping of a care pack and reminds someone they are loved.
- Like and follow our social media pages and spread the word.
- Watch this video to see how we are spreading hope and standing in the gap for cancer fighters!
The point is – your support has gotten us this far. We’ve worked incredibly hard to get here, but without you, we wouldn’t see the same growth that we’re seeing this month. Whether you donate $1,000 or $10, volunteer once a week or once a year, we are here because of you. So, as we dive further into this season of giving AND season of growth, we invite you to continue supporting us and helping us stand in the gap for cancer fighters.
But that’s not all!
We also invite you to join us for the ribbon cutting and open house on November 29th. Come by between 4-7 p.m. to see how our new space is going to help us serve more cancer fighters, and better facilitate our programs. Thanks to our partnership with Live Original, our new home will be a warm and inviting space to provide love and kindness to those fighting cancer, and welcome groups and individuals who want to support our mission by volunteering.
If you have any questions about Tenaciously Teal, our growth, how to receive support or how to get involved, shoot us a message on our website. We can’t wait to get connected!Until then, enjoy the holiday season!
Thank you to the Oklahoma City Association of Professional Landmen for selecting Tenaciously Teal as the beneficiary of their Fall Fun Run & Family Festival the last 6 years!